Answer Overflow Quick Start
This will walk you through the steps to enable indexing of a channel in your server
1. Add the bot to your server
Answer Overflow requires all the permissions it requests, if you disable them it may not work properly.
2. Use /channel-settings in a channel you want to enable indexing in
Click on the Indexing settings button to open the indexing settings menu. For a full overview of what these options do, see the Channel Settings page.
Click on the Enable indexing button to enable indexing in the channel.
You're setup and ready to go! The content of this channel will now be indexed into web search engines like Google.
Users have to be marked as consenting to publicly display their messages in order for their messages to be shown publicly. You can read more about this in the displaying messages section.
3. Next steps
While your channel is now indexed, there's more you can do to boost the amount of content that will be indexed.
Make sure to:
- Review the overview to understand all the terminology and concepts of Answer Overflow
- Follow the recommended setup guide to make sure your help channels and server are setup properly
- Enable forum guidelines consent to have all users making new forum posts being marked as consenting to publicly display their messages
- Enable read the rules consent to have all new server members being marked as consenting to publicly display their messages